Foreign Trade Zone #214
The North Carolina Department of Transportation is the grantee of Foreign Trade Zone #214, a general-purpose zone encompassing 23 counties in Southeastern North Carolina. Both State Ports and the North Carolina Global TransPark are also within FTZ #214.
Foreign-trade zones (FTZs) were created to provide special U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) procedures to U.S. firms engaged in international trade-related activities. FTZ procedures were designed to promote manufacturing in domestic industries and to encourage the export of U.S. assembled products.
FTZ benefits include:
- Duty deferral
- Duty elimination
- Duty reduction
- Federal and state tax savings
- Transfers between zones with no duties
- Reduced paperwork
- Destruction of damaged or substandard goods before paying duties
FTZ #214 has three (3) public-use, general purpose sites for activities such as warehousing, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, re-labeling, storage and testing.
- Site 1 – Kinston Regional Jetport – Kinston, NC
- Site 2 – Kanban Logistics – Tarboro, NC
- Site 3 – Crown LSP – Rocky Mount, NC
FTZ #214 also has two (2) Subzones – designations given to specific companies for specific purposes:
- Subzone A – Rocky Mount Engine Plant
- Subzone B – NACCO Materials Handling Group
If you have questions about FTZ #214
- Visit Connect NCDOT - FTZ